ELIGIBILITY TESTING ANNOUNCEMENT:
The Upper Pine River Fire Protection District (“District”) shall hold an examination for the purpose of creating an eligible register for appointment to the position of Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician(EMT). The eligible register shall be composed of the names of applicants who have successfully completed and passed all phases of this examination and employment criteria who are approved for placement on the eligible register by the District.
Applicants must be capable of performing the essential job functions of a FF/EMT with or without reasonable accommodation. All phases of the examination are designed to measure an applicant’s ability to perform the essential functions of the job as follows:
HOURS: 48/96 rotating shift schedule
STARTING SALARY: $41,833.00
This position description is established by the District to outline the basic requirements, duties and general responsibilities of the Firefighter / EMT position.
Summary of Position:
The Firefighter / EMT may responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day fire and/or emergency medical operations while on shift. The Firefighter / EMT is expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all his or her duties essential to the District’s operations. The Firefighter/EMT’s responsibilities include all areas of fire suppression, hazardous materials, emergency medical services, special rescue, fire prevention, public fire safety education, extrication, safety, interpersonal relations, customer service, and emergency vehicle operations.
Minimum Qualifications and Required Certifications:
1. Documented experience working in a Fire Department, volunteer, career, or combination.
2. Demonstrated leadership qualities and fire ground knowledge.
3. Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
4. Successfully complete a department modified Physical Ability Test.
5. Successfully pass a background investigation.
6. Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment to this position.
7. High School Diploma or GED
The Firefighter / EMT shall possess and maintain the following:
1. Valid Colorado Driver’s License with a safe driving record
2. Current IFSAC and/or Pro Board Firefighter I. (Colorado State Certification preferred)
3. Current State of Colorado/National Registry Emergency Medical Technician-B within one year of hire
4. Possess S130/190 certification or obtain within one year of hire
5. ICS 100, 200, 700, 800 within one year of hire
The application will be available on this website and will remain open.