The HR & Business Manager is an administrative support role, who will work collaboratively with the Fire
Chief and all staff to help enhance the quality of internal operations and human resources. This is a
hands-on and participative position that will help support in the following areas: bookkeeping, HR,
administrative management, and internal technology/systems.
The ideal candidate can multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment; has strong attention
to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision; has solid written and oral
communication skills; the ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment and basic IT
skills; maintain confidentiality and contribute to a professional work environment. The right candidate
is a team player and emotionally intelligent, has a “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor
This is a full-time, Non-Exempt position.
● A successful track record in setting priorities; organization and problem-solving skills which
support and enable sound decision making
● 2 – 3 years Human Resource experience, benefits administration, payroll, and working
knowledge of HR best practices
● Knowledge of Fire and Police Pension Association (FPPA) pension requirements.
● Knowledge of the Colorado Heart and Cancer Benefits Trust.
● Knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act requirements
● Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate,
and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
● Comfortable working in a “team-oriented” environment; high capacity to inspire cooperation
and work well with teams.
● Experience handling confidential information appropriately
● Valid, current, Colorado driver’s license
● Motor Vehicle Report acceptable to insurance standards
● Pass Background Check and Drug Screening
● Absolute confidentiality; Follow all HIPAA requirements
● Able to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills
● Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to change
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of
instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
● Integrity, positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, self-directed and a sense of humor.
Contact Paul Valdez Pvaldez@upperpinefpd.org with any questions!